Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Skindeep challenge & Everyday Minerals Review

One day I came across the website SkinDeep and I am making it a personal mission to remove all of my current hazardous chemical filled junk with all natural and/or organic products that work. That is the key, I want products that work. But is it possible to find natural products that produce the same results as their toxic counterparts? We will see.

The first thing I decided to change was my foundation. I was using CoverGirl Clean Makeup in Ivory 105.
This product scores a shocking 7 on The Skin Deep cosmetic databases' scale. I knew it was going to be hard to measure up to this as it has been my favorite and what I have used for 5 years. I do not have horrible skin, however I feel most comfortable in a makeup with a fair amount of coverage. I looked through my options and it became increasingly obvious that I needed to try Mineral Makeup. Believe me, I was as skeptical as anyone would be. How can a POWDER provide any coverage without looking cakey and disgusting?
 I decided to give it a shot anyway and spent hours going through different brands of mineral makeups' reviews on various websites. Finally I decided to try Everyday Minerals.
  Everyday minerals stood out to me because they are animal friendly, make it themselves and their products do not contain Bismuth Oxychloride  which can cause allergic reactions in some people. I was pleased to find on their site that you can order 1 gram sample jars with just the cost of shipping !
So I ordered sample jars of 5 different shades of foundation (there are MANY shades to choose from as there are multiple undertones to choose from)  I knew I didn't have pink undertones like most but I had no clue if I had buf, beige, olive, or warm. I also got 2 sample jars of concealers, 4 different finishing powders, 1 eyeshadow and 3 blushes. I also received a free full size bronzer! 
Don't these little jars look adorable or is it just me?

One of the tricks I learned when using mineral makeup is that it is extremely important to clense and properly moisturize before use. Otherwise you will get that cakey dry look that I was talking about earlier.
I have been using this makeup since I received them a week or so ago. I have to say so far I am impressed! It  goes on smooth and comfortably.
It stays put way better than my liquid ever did.
It feels light.
I still haven't picked which one is the best color for me but I am set on their matte formula. None of that preteen shimmer looking shimmer for me.
I am so glad that I found this, it is much cheaper than other mineral makeups ($12 for a full size jar that will last roughly 6 months) and I am going to continue using this.  I am about to order my full size jars now. The samples are so generous I still am using them up!
Overall I say this makeup is great! I will update my thoughts on it as I go along but I am thinking it is a keeper!

Here is a photo of me wearing it (this is after 5 hours of wear):
 Please excuse the silly face and that I just pulled my hair back that day...


Look for my next reviews on face cleaser and moisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment